Startup Ecosystem Association Supporter Participation Agreement
Article 1 General Provisions
- this association is the Startup Ecosystem Association (hereinafter referred to as "the Community"). (hereinafter referred to as the "Community"). The secretariat of the Community is jointly operated by CIC Toranomon LLC and Plug and Play Japan K.K.
Article 2 Purpose and Business
- this community aims to create an environment (startup ecosystem) in which more startups can grow globally, and to build a network of startups, startup supporters, venture capitalists, major companies, educational institutions, government agencies, and other key players in the startup ecosystem stakeholders ("Supporters"). The Supporters are a community of people who are engaged in activities together with the Supporters. In order to achieve the objectives described in the previous section, this community will engage in the following activities. (3) Information aggregation and dissemination of information related to startup support, both domestically and internationally (4) Promote collaboration among startup supporters Provide information on the startup ecosystem
- exchange of opinions and policy recommendations with government
- support for educational institutions for entrepreneurship development
- cooperation with overseas startups and startup-related institutions and organizing events
- discussion in specific industry subcommittees
- construction and operation of startup-related databases
- any business incidental or related to the businesses listed in the preceding items
Article 3 Supporters
- an individual or a corporation may join as a supporter.
- Supporters who join as a corporation shall be entitled to have their corporation's name listed on the website, to participate in events as a corporation, and to have opportunities to speak at events as a corporation, in accordance with the progress of the Community's activities.
- a person who wishes to become a Supporter shall obtain the approval of the Secretariat before joining. A person who wishes to participate as a Supporter shall submit certain information as specified by the Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as "Member Information"). (hereinafter referred to as "Member Information") on the application form provided by the Secretariat. Upon the Secretariat's acceptance, participation in the Community shall be established between the Secretariat and the Supporter in accordance with the various provisions of these Rules and Regulations.
Article 4 Participation Fee and Payment Method
- there will be no admission fee or annual membership fee for the first year.
Membership fees for the following year and thereafter will be announced in due course.
- Supporters shall pay the annual membership fee (hereinafter collectively referred to as "membership fee") from the following year onwards as stipulated in this Article. The annual membership fee for the following year shall begin on April 1, 2023 and continue for one year until March 31 of the following year. The annual membership fee for the following year shall be paid by wire transfer to an account at a financial institution designated by the Association by the payment due date specified by the Association. The membership fee already paid by the member shall not be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
Article 5 Prohibited Acts
In participating in the Community, Supporters are requested to refrain from any of the following acts
- any act that infringes on the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, rights to privacy, honor, or any other rights or interests of any participant in the Community (including any act that directly or indirectly causes such infringement)
- acts that are reasonably deemed to have the potential to interfere with the operation of the Community by the Competition Secretariat
- any other acts that the Secretariat deems inappropriate for the healthy development of the startup-centered community
- the Secretariat may take measures such as not allowing Supporters to participate in the Event if it reasonably determines that the Supporter's conduct in the Community falls under any of the items of the preceding paragraph, or is likely to fall under any of the items.
Article 6 Term
The activities of the Community shall be conducted on an annual basis for a period of one year, commencing on a date determined by the Secretariat, and each Large Corporate Member who continuously participates in the Community shall be responsible for a sponsorship fee for each fiscal year.
Article 7 Changes to these Terms and Conditions, etc.
The Secretariat reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any modification of the Terms and Conditions, the Secretariat shall announce the details of the modification and the effective date of the modification in a prescribed manner by the effective date of the said modification. When a Supporter uses the Community after the announced effective date, the Supporter shall be deemed to have agreed to the changes in the Rules.
[Enacted on March 30, 2022